PET URINE & ODOR REMOVAL
A Process That Actually Works
Pet urine in carpeting is a severe problem that can sometimes require major restoration work, not just simple cleaning and treating. However, with Short Stop Chem-Dry‘s Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T.®), even your most severe urine soaked carpeted areas can be saved. P.U.R.T.® is a revolutionary process that was specially formulated specifically for tough pet urine & odor removal needs and will eliminate urine odors forever.
Our product has shown excellent results on even the most severe urine and other odor-causing spots by working to stop the smell at its source instead of simply masking the odor. Urine soaks deep into carpet. Most carpet cleaners simply mask the odor and remove the top level of stain, which provides only a band-aid fix. P.U.R.T.® is an innovative solution that works to penetrate deep down to the source of the urine, where the odor-causing urine is broken down and removed with powerful extraction. No masking, just complete urine stain and odor removal.
Facts To Know About Pet Urine In Your Carpet
Pets will often urinate continually in the same general location without you realizing it. The urine that is deposited onto the carpet does not stay there, rather it penetrates the carpet ﬁbers and contaminates both the backing of the carpet and the ﬂooring material below the carpet. Urine odors can permeate from the ﬂoor, be it cement or wood, from the tack strip, and even from the framework of the house behind the walls. No matter the style or material of floor you have, it’s important to tackle the stain so close to the event or accident as possible.
As the pet urine dries, the liquid evaporates but the urine crystals become even more concentrated and pungent. Simple cleaning doesn’t remove this odor. Until recently, there was not a product available that was effective at removing urine odors. Now, when P.U.R.T.® contacts the source of the pet urine odor, it immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys the urine odor.
How P.U.R.T.® Works
- The source and severity of the odor are determined, then the carpet will be rinsed and extracted with a hot water rinse to remove the bulk of the urine crystals.
- In worst cases, the carpet is pulled back in the suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage.*
- If necessary, the pad will be removed and replaced.*
- An odor blocking shellac may be applied to the sub-floor ifdetermined necessary.*
- P.U.R.T.® will then be applied heavily to the tack strip, the sub ﬂoor, the baseboards and the carpet backing. It is necessary to apply this product heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine.*
- Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T.® will react with the urine, and break down the odor causing components.
*Additional charges based on the severity of your unique situation will apply for services. Please call us to learn more about P.U.R.T.®.
Macomb County & Wayne County, Michigan. Including: Clinton Township, Shelby Township, Utica, Macomb, Harrison Township, Chesterfield, New Baltimore, Warren, St Clair Shores, Grosse Pointe, Grosse Pointe Woods, Grosse Pointe Farms, Harper Woods & Detroit.